Peaceful Mountain®, Inc., was originally founded in Boulder, CO, with the purpose of creating natural remedies that work with the body to restore and maintain balance. The first product developed was an ionic colloidal silver product that helped support the body. Soon thereafter, other silver remedies followed, as well as a full range of topical musculoskeletal gels. The Peaceful Mountain line was continued with several homeopathic remedies that help support the body during specific ailments such as shingles, eczema, and cold sores.
Peaceful Mountain®, Inc., is now part of Grato Holdings, an employee owned family of natural remedy companies located in Woodbine, Iowa, and is proud to be a part of their “Natural Remedies from the Heartland.®” The company is dedicated to promoting and contributing to the health and well-being of people, and we believe in using ingredients provided by nature to create remedies that resonate with the body’s energies. We are fully committed to teaching the world about whole health and natural remedies, producing the highest quality herbal and homeopathic remedies, and educating and supporting healthcare companies and customers about alternative and natural products.
Peaceful Mountain® offers unmatched herbal products and homeopathic remedies that are gentle, effective, and crafted with powerful natural ingredients to work in harmony with your body for overall health and well-being.
With mindful intent and passion for natural healthcare products, Peaceful Mountain recognizes to cultivate a peaceful lifestyle is to be aware of the impact that our choices as citizens and consumers have on our bodies, communities and planet.
We invite you to enjoy our product offerings and shop with the confidence that all of our products are carefully created with our friends and families in mind. Peaceful Mountain, your trusted source for natural homeopathic remedies.
Our company vision is to:
- Build a sustainable company while being mindful of our overall responsibility to society.
- Inspire our people to deliver extraordinary results every day and be the best they can be.
- Build and sustain mutual loyalty of our suppliers, vendors, and customers.
- Be a responsible citizen of our world and make a difference.
We don’t want to just sell you a product — we believe in promoting a healthier lifestyle. Holistically.
Silver Preparations: The History and Development
Over thousands of years civilizations throughout the world have used silver as a healing agent. Its medical, preservative and restorative powers can be traced as far back as the ancient Greek and Roman Empires. In recent history, silver preparations have been used for treatment and prevention of disease and infection.
Consider these interesting facts:
- Disease-causing pathogens could not survive in the presence of silver, and silver was used in dishware, drinking vessels and eating utensils.
- In particular, the wealthy stored and ate their food from silver vessels to keep bacteria from growing.
- In the Middle Ages, silverware protected the wealthy from the full brunt of the plague.
- The Chinese emperors and their courts ate with silver chopsticks.
- The Druids have left evidence of their use of silver.
- The Greeks used silver vessels to keep water and other liquids fresh. The writings of Herodotus, the Greek philosopher and historian, date the use of silver prior to the birth of Christ.
- The Roman Empire stored wine in silver urns to prevent spoilage.
- The use of silver is mentioned in ancient Egyptian writings.
- Settlers in the Australian outback suspend silverware in their water tanks to retard spoilage.
- Pioneers trekking across the American West found that if they placed silver or copper coins in their casks of drinking water, it kept the water safe from bacteria, algae, etc.
- All along the frontier, silver dollars were put in milk to keep it fresh. Some of us remember our grandparents doing the same.
- In Ayurvedic medicine, silver is used in small amounts as a tonic, elixir or rejuvenating agent for patients debilitated by age or disease.
- Silver was used to combat infection in wounds sustained by troops during World War I.
- In the early 1800s, doctors used silver sutures in surgical wounds with very successful results.
In their earliest usage, silver-based remedies were prepared in the form of silver salts, e.g., silver nitrate and silver acetate. Later, non-salt preparations have been included such as silver sulfadiazine and colloidal silver.
Generally, the silver salt remedies have shown limited effect, usually requiring relatively high doses to achieve any effect. High dosages of such silver salts – especially after regular, long-term use – have produced reportable cases of silver toxicity, known as argyria. On the other hand, low concentration silver colloid preparations are not associated with any reportable toxicity.
Argyria is characterized as a permanent ashen-gray (bluish) discoloration of the skin, conjunctival sclerae, and internal organs, resulting from long-continued use of high concentration silver salts – without any otherwise notable adverse effects on general metabolic health. Today it is difficult to find reference to argyria in any standard medical textbook.
Recently, the use of low concentration, i.e., < 50 ppm, non-proteinaceous silver colloids has been found to be tremendously effective. There has been no reported toxicity or adverse events linked to the use of these low concentration, pure silver colloids.
Exciting Job Opportunities
Interested in job opportunities with Peaceful Mountain? Please get in touch with us today!
For more information call 800-869-8078.
Send resumes to email@example.com