By Jana Taylor
It’s Healthy Weight Week, so you might assume that you ought to pick the latest diet craze and give it a try. But that is not what healthy weight week is all about. Healthy weight week is meant to inspire us to be accepting of where we are right now, and make small but permanent lifestyle choices that will have an impact long term.
What are some lifestyle changes that you can make? There are many! Take an inventory of your current habits and pick a few things that will be easy to change instead of crash dieting and depriving yourself of calories, which as we all know, always ends up backfiring.
- Decide to accept your current weight and not obsess over each pound.
- Focus on realistic health goals for where you are in life.
- Practice mindful eating, slow down and enjoy the food. You may find you eat less.
- Change your thinking, and try positive affirmations such as “I am beautiful”.
- Use a smaller plate. Smaller plate, less food.
- Change out personal care items with parabens and other additives for more natural alternatives (like Peaceful Mountain!).
- Try new healthful foods that are outside your comfort zone.
- Start a new hobby that involves movement. Dance, golf, walking, yoga… something that is interesting to you.
- Take time for relaxation and self reflection.
- Is there one food item that you can eliminate or cut back on that will make a difference? Cutting back on one item is much easier than limiting everything.
These are just some of the things you might try. Sometimes just being a little more active makes all the difference, even when you are not limiting calories. If you find your body is a bit sore when you first start out on your new active lifestyle Peaceful Mountain has a whole range of musculoskeletal products that may help. Each product in our musculoskeletal line is packed with natural ingredients that you can feel good about using.
Jana Taylor is a staff writer for Peaceful Mountain.